graduation background

My Family

My Family
'Double Stuff Oreo"

Graduation May 8, 2010

Graduation May 8, 2010

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Beginnings

Oh so many nights have I laid awake going over the things I would write if only I would actually start my own blog and how many people would be happy to read the things I write and how many people I would actually piss off. ( just that phrase there is going to upset someone) Life is an amazing journey with many lessons to be learned and re-learned for many of us. For me being the youngest of 7 children of 5 boys and 2 girls in itself was one continual lesson to be learned and continues to be so. Then add in friends and all those other acquaintances you meet along the way for good or bad makes the journey ohhh such much more interesting.

For me being a "Divorced" single mother of two WONDERFUL boys life brings many joys along with hardships and challenges. Just the fact that I am still alive and haven't eaten my young in amazing in and of itself. Losing my Father just shy of my 19th birthday was quite a bite a trauma for me that over the years has always been there and then just a little over two years losing my Mother who never stopped being a mother has been almost more than I have been able to handle in my life.

So those of you reading this I am sure are thinking wow she is just feeling sorry for herself and you are wrong I am no longer at the point of feeling sorry for myself but at a point where one wonders if things will ever be such that I can feel like I am doing the right thing for not only myself but my boys also. So think or say what you want because that is why this is my "ranting and Ravings" blog. Yeah! You go Girl.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristie, I never thought for one minute that you were just feeling sorry for yourself. I did think howeever, that you are an awesome person who has overcame so much advesary in your short life. YOu are an amazing person. Luv JoAnn

Xan said...

If you're feeling sorry for yourself, then I'm feeling sorry for myself too. Which I'm not...so you're not. I, too, think you're amazing. I can't even begin to to comprehend what it must take to have learned to overcome what you have.

Also, you're doing the best thing you can for you and your boys. You're teaching them an amazing life lesson by going back to school and fulfilling your dreams. Plus, you're one of the most devoted moms I've ever known. :) And one of my best friends. Love ya!!

Xan said...

And now you're on my reader. So I'll never miss an update!

Sandy said...

Have faith my friend! You know all the good things you do for those boys. Your a good mom!! And I can make a HUGE list of all the good things you do for others. Like donating to the French's when you could easily used the money. You have a HUGE heart of love and generosity. You think of others who need could use a helping hand.

I think WE ALL have our good and bad days. It's ok to have those. I also so think the trials that we go through aren't much fun but they help us become who we are. We have to find the blessing in them as we deal with the journey of the trial.

Hang in there! You are teaching your kids how to be men. You are setting a good example for them by what your accomplishing. Your a good mom, Kristie. We love you!